Internet of Things: 20 great gadgets to get you started
It’s time to get technical and talk about the Internet of Things. Now, anybody who knows anything about gadgets, networks, software and the internet will know all about the Internet of Things. Affectionately known as IOT, those who are less technologically inclined may feel a little left in the dark by the mere mention of the term. So, what is this Internet of Things, and how does it affect our daily lives?
What The Deal Yo with… the Internet of Things? Internet of Things: 20 great gadgets to get you started:
Once you come to understand its basic principle, the Internet of Things is an incredibly easy concept to grasp. Put simply… okay, Wikipedia simple… IOT is: “The network of physical objects, devices, vehicles, buildings and other items that are embedded with electronics, software, sensors and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.”
Okay, so now that we’ve cleared that one up – what gadgets should tech-savvy folk be looking out for if they want to be connected to this brave new world?
1. Sugar Cube smart Wi-Fi Speaker: A cute, fun, gesture-controlled speaker.
2. Angee Home Security System: Voice-activated and controlled, this security system knows who’s home.
3. Apple Watch: Of course – It does everything from the comfort of its owner’s wrist, including replying to emails and paying for shopping.
4. Shockbox Helmet Sensor: Compact in design, this sensor fits into any sports helmet and monitors potentially harmful impacts.
5. Noke Bluetooth keyless padlock: Simple – a padlock that needs no keys – just Bluetooth access – in order to keep valuable possessions secure.