Stand Up Paddle Boarding Fitness
Stand up paddle boarding is becoming something of a craze, spreading from Hawaii where avid surfers have been using it as a means of keeping fit and getting out on the water when it is too calm for surfing. Over the past few years, more and more people are choosing to give stand-up paddling a go due to its many benefits to health and fitness. Here are just a few:
- Stand up paddle boarding>> gives your body a great, all over work out; balancing on the board as you paddle builds up strength in your leg muscles while the paddling action helps to increase core strength in your back, shoulders, neck and arms.
- Paddle boarding is great for getting quick results in fitness improvement as it gives you a cardio-based work out as well as being very effective in helping to achieve weight loss goals; burning calories at a fast rate.
- As stand up paddle boarding is a low impact activity, it is an ideal way to improve fitness while avoiding injury.
- There is a strong relationship between water-based activities and stress relief/relaxation. Paddle boarding can be really effective in relieving emotional stress and achieving a feeling of calm as it can give you time alone to reconnect with yourself and with nature.
- Unlike many other sports and activities, paddle boarding is very easy to pick up which means that it is more immediately enjoyable and positive experience for all.
- Stand up paddle boarding is ideal for a group activity as it is suitable for men, women and children of all ages and abilities meaning that no-one is left out or left behind.